Coverage FAQs

Auto Insurance Photo

To help you understand your insurance options, we've answered some common questions here. Need more details? Call 1.800.321.0899 or call your local Agent.

Coverage FAQs

What's a Deductible?

A deductible is the out-of-pocket money you pay before your insurance coverage
begins. It's typically $250 to $1,000 per claim. For example, if the covered
claim is $2,500 and your deductible is $500, you pay $500.

Acceptance pays the remaining $2,000.

To reduce your monthly payment, choose a higher deductible.

Back to Top

What is Medical Payments Coverage?

This benefit helps you, your covered family members, and covered passengers pay for necessary and reasonable medical treatment caused by a car accident. It doesn't matter who's at fault. Expenses may include:

  • Ambulance
  • Emergency Room/Hospital
  • Physicians
  • X-Rays
  • Surgery
  • Funeral

More questions? Just ask your local Agent or call toll-free 1.800.321.0899.

Back to Top

What is Bodily Injury Liability Coverage?

If you cause an accident that hurts someone else, this coverage helps pay for
medical expenses and legal costs (if needed). More questions? Just ask your
local Agent or call toll-free 1.800.321.0899.

Back to Top

What is Personal Injury Protection (PIP)?

PIP offers extended coverage in case you're hurt in an accident, whether or not it
was your fault. In addition to covering required medical expenses, PIP can also
help pay for lost wages, childcare and funerals. PIP is not available or
required in every state, and there are other important terms and conditions. Be
sure to ask a local Agent if you have questions or call toll-free 1.800.321.0899.

Back to Top

What is Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage?

If you are involved in an accident with someone who doesn't have insurance (or not
enough insurance to pay for your damages), this coverage will pay for your
expenses. It is required in some states (see below), so ask your Agent
for more details or call toll-free 1.800.321.0899.

Of the 12 states that Acceptance currently serves, Uninsured Motorist coverage is required by law in Illinois, Missouri, and South Carolina.

Back to Top